immigration lawyer practice areas Practice Areas side appointment
practice areas Practice Areas side visa eval
practice areas Practice Areas c2cnew
immigration status practice areas Practice Areas side case
practice areas Practice Areas side avvo

practice areas Practice Areas side fbpractice areas Practice Areas side twpractice areas Practice Areas side inpractice areas Practice Areas you side

Conrad 30 Waiver Program for J-1 Visa Holders

The Conrad 30 Waiver Program is for J-1 medical doctors who were trained outside of the United States. The purpose of the program is to waive the two-year residency requirement at the end of the J-1 exchange visitor program.

Requirements for a Conrad 30 Waiver

Each state has its own application guidelines and rules. However, all J-1 medical doctors must still do the following:

How to apply for a Conrad 30 Waiver

To apply, the following steps must be taken:

  • You have to get a state health department to sponsor you.
  • The state health department has to complete Form DS-3035, J-1 Visa Waiver Review Application.
  • The DOS Waiver Review Division has to decide if you are approved for a recommendation.
  • If the waiver is approved, you have to turn in Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, along with the recommendation letter from the DOS Waiver Review Division.

If the Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker is approved, your visa will be changed to H-1B nonimmigrant status.

How to get H-4 visas for your family

If you want to bring your family with you, they will have to apply for H-4 status. To do this, your family has to turn in Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.

Contact Us

There are many steps to complete in order to get a Conrad 30 waiver and change to H-1B nonimmigrant status. We can help you fill out the forms correctly and answer any questions you might have.

Call us today at 813-298-7222, email us, fill our contact form, or schedule an appointment.