H-3 Visa | Professional Training Visa
The H-3 Professional Training Visa is for non-U.S. citizens to enter the U.S. temporarily for professional training. The non-U.S. citizen must be sponsored by an organization, American citizen, or company.
The sponsor must be based in the U.S. There are certain types of jobs that the person must be training in, like finance, agriculture, commerce, business, and government. Medical training isn’t eligible for an H3 visa.
Requirements for an H-3 visa
There are requirements that have to be met before a person is approved for an H3 visa:
- The person has to be invited to come for training.
- The training can’t be available in their home country.
- The sponsor must include a detailed training plan. The plan has to include the amount of time the person will be in training.
- The person who wants an H-3 visa has to prove that they won’t have a job while they are training, unless it’s part of the actual training.
- The person who wants an H-3 visa must also prove that the training will help their career in their home country or another place outside of the U.S.
- The person who wants an H-3 visa has to prove they have plans to go back to their home country. This has to happen when they apply for their visa and when they come to the U.S.
- The person who wants an H-3 visa has to prove they are tied to their home country, like by owning property.
How to apply for an H3 visa
To apply for an H3 visa, the sponsor must complete and turn in Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker. Here is other information that is important:
- The sponsor can include more than one person on the application.
- The visa only gives permission for living in the U.S. for two years.
- After training is finished, you cannot be hired by the company that sponsored you.
- After training is finished, you may have to live outside of the U.S. for at least six months before you can apply for any other immigration services.
To make sure the visa is approved as quickly as possible, you should contact us. We can help you complete the forms correctly the first time. We can also give you advice that will make the process easier. Call us today at 813-298-7222, or email us by clicking here, or schedule an appointment by clicking here.