I-9 Compliance Assistance
All employers in the United States have to verify the identity and eligibility of each employee to work.
To verify the information, an employer has to complete Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification for each worker. The employer has to keep the forms for three years after the date the worker was hired or one year after the worker is no longer allowed to work there, whichever date is later.
I-9 Compliance (Employment Eligibility Verification)
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires companies to have I-9 forms for each worker and keep them for the right amount of time. The U.S. government can check at any time if a company is correctly filling out the forms and keeping them for as long as they should. This is called I-9 compliance.
Penalties for Non-compliance
Penalties as high as $1,100 per employee can be given to companies for the following reasons:
- Not completing I-9 forms correctly.
- Not keeping I-9 forms for the right amount of time.
- Never completing them for a worker.
- Continuing to let an unauthorized worker have a job if they know the person is unauthorized.
I-9 compliance services we offer
The Department of Homeland Security has increased the number of audits they do of companies. They have also increased the number of criminal prosecutions of employers. It is more important than ever that you are in I-9 compliance. We are able to help protect you and your employees in several ways:
- Create an I-9 compliance plan for your business and make sure it stays up to date.
- Train your staff how to complete and verify I-9 forms.
- Perform an audit for you in the same way the government would so you know if there are errors you need to fix.
- Correct errors we find on your workers I-9 forms.
- If you are audited, prepare all of the I-9 paperwork.
- Negotiate and settle any penalties you’re given because of mistakes.
You can save time and avoid costly mistakes if we help you with your I-9 compliance. Call us today at 813-298-7222, email us, fill our contact form, or schedule an appointment.