Investment (EB-5) Immigration
We help wealthy individuals to obtain Green Cards for themselves, their spouses and dependent children under the age of 21. The requirement for this program is an investment of $1.0 million or $500,000 in a targeted employment area (TEA), and in an eligible business that will create 10 jobs within 2 years.
There are two forms of investment under the EB-5 program: the Individual Investment program and the Regional Center Investment option. The Individual Investment program supports a standalone investment in a single entity, while the Regional Center program creates larger projects for funding by multiple investors. Investors have more control in individual projects, so due diligence is important in selecting a Regional Center to ensure that its projects meet investors’ expectations.
- No need for any business or management experience
- Fast processing: 10-14 months to obtain a U.S. Green Card for your family
- The investment is returned after 5 years: 50% after 2 1/2 years and 100% after 5 years
- The investment money is kept in a secure escrow bank account until the government approves the file of the investor
- If visa is denied, the funds are returned by the escrow bank
- Investors and their families are eligible for American citizenship after 5 years
- Investor may continue to conduct business elsewhere in the world as long as residence is kept in the United States
It is a positive alternative to H1-B visas. If wealthy parents “gift” EB-5 funds to their children prior to sending them to college, the students not only pay lower tuition as U.S. residents, but also avoid concerns after graduation about living and working in the U.S.
An investment area for EB-5 program is real estate development. There are many of such projects to choose from several regional centers.
Technology for Oil & Gas Industry
Investors may decide to put their funds in specialty industry such as oil and gas technology.
It is not unusual for potential investors to consider novel areas such as hydroponics for all season growing of vegetables in a managed environment.
Another area that has gained prominence among EB-5 investors especially in states like Florida is healthcare – medical facilities, assisted living places and group homes for elderly or medically challenged.
- Applicant selects an investment option and starts application preparation. Advisory and Legal fees are payable at this stage.
- Applicant transfers investment and Regional Centre Fee into a nominated escrow account.
- Immigrant Petition by an Alien Entrepreneur application is lodged (I-526) with USCIS.
- Immigrant Petition is approved or denied by US authorities.
- Visa application (DS-260) is lodged with USA National Visa Center. Applicant and family may be subject to biometric or DNA tests.
- Medical and Health screening.
- An interview may be requested and conducted with the applicant at the local US embassy. All original documents should be available.
- Visa is approved and stamped in applicant’s passport.
- Conditional Green Card is issued. Applicant and family must enter the US within 180 days.
- Applicant and family filed the I-829 to remove the condition.
Investment fund return in about 5 years (depending on the project and terms of investment).