What is an L-1 visa?
An L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This visa also enables a foreign company that does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States to establish one.
If you have determined that you qualify for this visa, the next step is to start your filing process. Of course, our team of well-trained and highly professional lawyers can help you with this process; however, to ensure that you are ready, here’s a list of documents you may need for this petition.
We have also made this list into a downloadable checklist so that you can tick it off as you go.
The following documents are needed for your L-1 application:
- Proof of ownership for the U.S. and foreign company
- Lease agreement
- Business license and permit
- Company’s assets
- Organization chart
- Current passport
- Work experience letters from previous employers
- Degrees, diplomas and/or certificates of training
- Bank records for the previous six months
- Financial statements
- Business activity documents
- Payroll list
- Photographs of the place of employment
- Contact details of two coworkers from previous jobs
To download this checklist, click on this link.
For more information on L-1 visas or other ways through which you can migrate to the United States, feel free to contact us by calling, sending an email, filling our contact form, or scheduling an appointment.