Multinational Executives and Managers Visa (EB-1C) | US Visa Business Executive Program
One of the most desired United States visas is the Multinational Manager or Executive Visa. These visas are for mid- to high-level employees who are asked to move to the U.S. for a job with a multinational company.
Requirements for EB-1C or EB-1-3 Visas
There are certain requirements that must be met in order to be approved:
- The employee’s job outside of the U.S. must be as a manager or an executive. The job the employee is going to have in the U.S. must also be as a manager or an executive.
- The employee must have had a job outside of the U.S. connected to an area of the company, like an affiliate or overseas branch.
- The employer has to be a legitimate business in the U.S.
- The employer must have a relationship for at least one year with the business the employee worked for overseas. This could mean as the same corporation or an affiliate.
Process for applying for EB-1C or EB-1-3 Visas
To apply for an EB-1C or EB-1-3 visa the employer has to:
Important note: This visa does not require a labor certification, so the waiting time may be shorter than for other visas.
The employee has to:
- Submit all of the required application and civil documents.
- Pay any necessary fees.
- Complete medical examinations.
Opportunities for the visa holder’s family
The spouse and unmarried children under age 21 may apply for a visa if the application is approved. Usually after five years the visa holder and family can apply for U.S. citizenship.
Waiting period for an EB-1C or EB-1-3 Visas
The Multinational Manager or Executive Visa is considered a “first preference” employment visa. This means qualified applicants are more likely to be approved, but the waiting time is difficult to predict. Visas are issued in the order the applications are received, so it may still be a long waiting period.
The process can be confusing, so your chances of getting approved are higher with a lawyer who has been through the process before.
Call us today at 813-298-7222, or email us by clicking here, or schedule an appointment by clicking here.