National Interest Waiver Visa
One of the most popular United States visas is the National Interest Waiver Visa. It’s popular because there is less paperwork to complete and it isn’t tied to a specific occupation.
Labor certification waiver
Even though it’s an employment-based visa, applicants don’t need a job offer or a labor certification to apply. So, the name of the visa means it’s in the best of interest of the U.S. to waive the labor certification requirement.
Proof the U.S. would benefit
You must be able to prove that your immigration to the U.S. would be beneficial to the nation. What is considered beneficial to the nation can vary from situation to situation, so it’s important to work with a lawyer who can help you tell your story in the most persuasive way possible.
Requirements for the National Interest Waiver Visa
You must have at least three of the following pieces of evidence:
- A degree, certification, diploma or other award from an institute of learning.
- Documents that show you have worked full-time for at least 10 years.
- A certificate or other document that proves you are licensed for your job.
- Documents of your salary or other payment that shows you have exceptional skills.
- Proof of membership in a professional association.
- Awards or other recognition of your achievements from experts in your field, professional or business organizations, or government entities.
Evidence that isn’t listed may be accepted if it is similar enough and proves it would be in the best interest of the nation to waive the labor certification.
Options for family members of the visa holder
If you are given a National Interest Waiver Visa, your immediate family members can also apply for permanent residency. That includes your spouse and unmarried children under age 21. After five years, you and your family can usually apply for U.S. citizenship.
We can help you complete the paperwork in a way that increases your chances of being approved. Call us today at 813-298-7222, or email us by clicking here, or schedule an appointment by clicking here.