immigration lawyer practice areas Practice Areas side appointment
practice areas Practice Areas side visa eval
practice areas Practice Areas c2cnew
immigration status practice areas Practice Areas side case
practice areas Practice Areas side avvo

practice areas Practice Areas side fbpractice areas Practice Areas side twpractice areas Practice Areas side inpractice areas Practice Areas you side

Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

What is a Non-immigrant Visa?

A non-immigrant visa gives you permission to come to the U.S. for a short period of time. The U.S. government tells you exactly how long you’re allowed to stay in the country.

Why do People Get Non-immigrant Visas?

Some common reasons to get a non-immigrant visa are:

  • To visit the U.S. on vacation (holiday).
  • To see a doctor or go to a hospital for help with your health.
  • For a job where you will work in the U.S., but only for a short time.
  • To be a student at a college (go to university).
  • For a meeting with a client or other business-related activities.

A Non-immigrant Visa is Different from a Green Card

A non-immigrant visa doesn’t allow you to move to the U.S. permanently. Also, not all non-immigrant visas let you get a job.

A green card is given to people with Permanent Resident Status. If you are a Permanent Resident, you can live in the U.S. as long as you want. You can also get a job. You need to be a Permanent Resident if you want to become a U.S. citizen. You can read more about how to become a U.S. citizen.

Not all visas will be right for you

The type of non-immigrant visa that is right for you depends on why you’re coming to the U.S. and how long you want to stay. Some non-immigrant visas might be better than others for you and your family. There are more than 20 kinds of visas, so it’s important to talk to a non-immigrant visa lawyer.

If you want to learn more about some types of non-immigrant visas, click on the names below:

Contact Our Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer

If you’re ready to apply for a non-immigrant visa, or if you have questions, please contact us. You can call our office at 813-298-7222, fill our contact form, send us an email, or schedule an appointment.