immigration lawyer practice areas Practice Areas side appointment
practice areas Practice Areas side visa eval
practice areas Practice Areas c2cnew
immigration status practice areas Practice Areas side case
practice areas Practice Areas side avvo

practice areas Practice Areas side fbpractice areas Practice Areas side twpractice areas Practice Areas side inpractice areas Practice Areas you side

R-1 Visa – Religious Worker Visa in USA

Religious workers can get two types of visas to work in the United States.

B1/B2 Visa for Temporary Religious Activity

Common religious activities can be approved for a visitor (B) visa. Some activities include:

  • Worship services
  • Meditation
  • Religious study
  • Prayer and/or worship
  • Religious conference

B1/B2 Visa for Ministers

A minister who wants to come to the U.S. for a short time can usually get a visitor (B) visa. They need to be paid by their own religious group located outside of the U.S.

Caution for High Denial Countries

Visa applications from some countries are denied more often than others. These countries are called “high denial countries.” If you are applying from a high denial country, you might want to apply for a different religious worker visa.

R-1 Visa: Temporary Nonimmigrant Religious Workers Visa in USA

An R-1 visa is for religious workers who will only be in the U.S. temporarily. There are standards that the worker and the organization have to meet:

  • The worker must prove they have at least a part time job.
  • The organization must prove that it is a nonprofit religious organization, or at least connected to a religious organization.
  • The organization must explain how the worker will be paid.
  • The religious worker should explain the relationship between the organization in their home country and the organization in the U.S.

A religious worker’s spouse and unmarried children who are under age 21 can apply to come with the worker to the U.S.

Contact Our Religious Worker (R-1) Visa Lawyer

We can help you decide which USA religious worker visa is right for you. Call us today at 813-298-7222, email us, fill our contact form, or schedule an appointment.